Activity Forums Divisions Clan Gra’tua Event Reports

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KSebataine
    Participant

On the raid of the Zakuulian Warehouse

Recently I was able to decipher a data packet hinting at a warehouse used by the Zakuul empire to store war supplies, including several prototypes. In order to follow up on this information, I gathered a small insertion team with the intention to (1) gain valuable supplies for use by both Clan Gra’tua and Requiem of Prophecy, (2) deny the Zakuul empire access to needed supplies, and (3) gather any additional information available at the site.

Items found within the warehouse include:

• Highly damaged turret (left as inoperable)
    • 1 Large crate of highly effective medical suppliesDozen small fast speeder bikes 2 squadrons worth of small fighters
    • Large safe containing the finished results of the DAVED project (reason of project unknown, unavailable for use until purpose discovered)
    • 2 crates worth of random technological parts
    • 1 cargo crate of prototype armor 1 reclaimed small walker
    • Data packets that seem to hint at a dry dock being used to produce capital ships

All members of the team preformed admirably, but special recognition should be given to Vrana’kel for her expert slicing, which allowed the team to pass through many of the automated defenses with ease. She also has suggested that a larger force be gathered with the intent of claiming the warehouse for use by RoP. Will look into this at a later date.

Men’na Novastorm, Hunter of Clan Gra’tua

KSebataine
    Participant

Seeking more information

Exerts from personal log
    …As decoding the information found in the Zakuul warehouse is proving next to impossible with the resources and data samples currently available, more information is required. I’m sure the DAVED project is the key to all of this, so that is the main target. I’ve heard of a handful of Zakuulian data caches on Dromand Kas… not sure if they will have what we need, but it’s worth a shot. I seriously think the chakaar ran the notes for this project through the encryption programs on this thing as a test!

…I’m also becoming convinced that we will need a stronger fighting force when the time comes to actually take on the dry dock. This morning I had a brainstorm that eventually produced the idea of using that walker that Ta’rel decided to drag back from the raid…. Now I just need to find a way to reverse-engineer the stupid thing. I don’t think just the one will be enough.

…More investigation suggests that Naril might be the one to approach about that walker. With any luck I’ll be able to arrange a meeting for the same trip to find those caches.

Both objectives of the recent expedition to Dromand Kas were successful. Met with Naril to negotiate the price for aid in acquiring more walkers for the attack. Price was reasonable, detailed scans of the walker (like I really thought that wasn’t going to happen with the whole reverse engineer idea) and access to the DAVED.

Turns out three of the caches I managed to find contained more data on DAVED…and the idiots used a very old encryption code on two of them. With them, I was finally able to figure out what the stupid thing is. It should prove very useful in at least planning the raid on that dry dock.

NOTE: Need to re-contact Naril, turns out DAVED is really just a stupid box filled to bursting with encryption/decryption programs…and an archive of encrypted information that NOTHING seems to be able to decode. He can have that! I’m going to crush the thing if I keep fighting with it anyway. …still making a copy of the programs, those things are ridiculously advanced!

The rest of the caches held some nice information that points to smaller staging area for the dry dock in the outer rim. Going to have to look into that now!

KSebataine
    Participant

The Final Pieces

A lightning raid on the previously mentioned staging zone has produced all the information necessary to plan a (hopefully) successful attack on the Zakuulian dry dock.  The information acquired by Serrannah and myself (with the help of Twitchy of course) from the base’s mainframe has finished the star charts that will allow us to locate the dry docks as well as containing a complete layout of the docks and a list of personnel and shift rotations.  Further analysis seems to suggest that the docks will be undergoing some abnormality soon, which will leave the station undefended.  This looks like it might be the opportunity that we need.

I do feel compelled to point out that it was one Jade Sukell, who excelled in the fighting on this mission, taking down a greater number of opponents than the rest of the team.  Though she did take a greater number of injuries for her efforts, she continued to fight on.

Following the main attack, Tarel decided to engage in some impromptu asset denial.  Needless to say, the staging zone will require serious repair, if not a complete re build, following the multiple explosions.

KSebataine
    Participant

A New Base

Following the attack that led to RoP acquiring our new capitol ship from the Zakuul shipyards (note to self: get that report filed already!) an unknown signal was recorded originating from an unnamed system deep in the unknown regions.  A small team including myself, Valentina, and an outside contact named Tsukino went to investigate.  The signal was coming from a desert region of the fourth planet in the system and we were able to track it to a small, abandoned facility in the heart of the region.

Using a number of specially modified scanners, we were able to pinpoint the exact origins of the broadcast.  A super computer of unknown origins (Valentina suggests that it might be Iokath, but I’m not going to say one way or the other until I get further information) that was connected to an orbital observatory of equally powerful and massive proportions.  It had apparently been trying to update its information to its creators for centuries, if not millennia, and this was the signal we were able to track

While we were there Valentina was able to access some of the information stored on the computer using a voice address system and some guess work from what appeared to be an old form of Mando’a symbols on certain keys.  On further review, this information seems to be pointing to another similar facility in the Northern hemisphere of the planet in an area now densely forested.

On recommendation from Valentina, we will be looking to set up the yet-unnamed planet as a secondary base for RoP, and the primary base for that region of space.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Loading the chat ...