COLORS for the 331st!

Home Forums COMM-CHATTER COLORS for the 331st!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    POsTal
    Keymaster

Okay everyone!  This one is to start the discussion on changing the colors for uniforms/armor and such!  Though out your color ideas!  Different colors for different Commands?   Keep in mind we may get guild members to make the Dyes for us, so cost may play a factor in the final decision.  What do you all think?!?

Illuminatus
    Participant

I would suggest colors that can be crafted so that it is easily attainable. With that in mind, I would suggest:

Deep Red and Black (Section X rep dye*) for troopers

Black and Deep Blue (CZ-198 rep dye*) for officers

View here

My character, Aysha Shiba can manufacture any craftable dye, including all reputation dyes. So a free supply of these dyes should be possible.

I chose black for both dyes to reflect the elite/commando nature of troopers run by players. All the other NPC troopers that we’ve got standing around the Eternity, etc. are in the standard white/orange. I think our Players are head and shoulders above the run of the mill NPC, though, and deserve to stand out.

But take a look around! google swtor craftable dyes for a more complete list of possible colors for our troopers!

a.k.a. Lumiani in The Old Republic:

POsTal
    Keymaster

Great Suggestions Lumi!  Those colors would definitely stand out!  It is important that we look for Dyes that are inexpensive to make, but look cool!

POsTal
    Keymaster

I will be taking suggestions for 331st colors for the next week (Ending July 15th.)  At that point I will be making a decission on what the new uniform colors will be.  Right now I like the idea that Lumi suggested with the black an Dark Red/Blue depending on rank.  Please add your suggestions to the threat when you can!

As you were!

Fee’Lyx

Sebastian
    Participant

I suggest either white and red or each team can choose thier colot some can choose the same

Sebastian
    Participant

The black seems a bit imperial xD

POsTal
    Keymaster

Black does seem a little more on the dark side.  However, we need to look at costs for dyes.  Are the white  combinations cheaper or more expensive to make?  I would be providing these to members of the through gracious donations form others! So, cost will be an issue.

Also, the reason for this is to bring a uniformity to the 331st.  Some might argue that that takes away from a character’s individuality.  I agree. It does.  It’s supposed to.  This is a military outfit and I think nothing looks more impressive that a uniform look and helps build that team mentality.  That’s why I think this is important AND would look awesome!

Sebastian
    Participant

The white and medium red are only 100k or less

Sebastian
    Participant

On the gtn

Sebastian
    Participant

And on the security key vender its like 5k

Sebastian
    Participant

So heres how the white and medium red goes its 100k or less o. The gtn and for security key vendors its like 5k but binds on pickup the white represents that we are good while thw red shows a more military look as red is a color that strikes fear in enemies

POsTal
    Keymaster

Good research Seb!  So we have a few options out there.  If we wanted a compromise, I wonder the accessibility on getting medium gray with red?  I do like having different secondary colors to represent officers and such.

Sebastian
    Participant

I can look into how much the grey is on The gtn gove me a second its.. but the white is the primary  and the grey and deep red is 250k on gtn perhaps a white and green or white and some other color to show rank

POsTal
    Keymaster

So… given it some thought… I have a common attraction to the white uniforms because of what the color represents. I like the trooper look in the game with the white base. However, I want our colors to be different than what is in the game. Because the black base will be unique I think they would be an interesting look for us. The big reason though is that the dyes will be donated to the 331st. Free is always good! So… We will be going with a black base uniform, red secondary for Private to Sergeant, and blue secondary for Lt. – Major.

Thanks for the posts and the discussions!

I’m also partial to the White + One other color scheme.

If we can’t afford dyes, there are a bunch of vanilla armor pieces out there that are white + another color by default?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.