Activity Forums Character Information Characters of VI Family Ti’s Part 3 of 3

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    POsTal
    Participant

Ti watched as the the dark image stood on a small hill just in front of the ship.  Warning sounds came from the ship’s engine console as Aaz continued to try and get his ship off the ground.  Ti could feel the power of the figure.  The dark side of the force was strong with this one…
    “Put the ship down Aaz.  We’re gonna have to fight our way out of this one.”  Aaz looked at the strain he was inflicting on his ship and then nodded.

“This will be fun.”

Landing the ship back down to the ground, they both saw the dark figure start making it’s way towards the ship.  TI and Aaz both ran to the ship’s bay doors and opened them.
    “You stay and make sure the ship is safe.”  They both watched as the future ignited the the red blade of their lightsaber.  “I will deal with this…”
    TI’s words trailed as she felt something in the force.  Something familiar.   Turning her head suddenly in recognition, a panicked look came across her face.
    “Aaz!  You need to get out of here!  I’ll keep him busy!  You need to leave now!”

Aaz looked confused at his sister then at the figure over her shoulder.

“Are you kidding me?!?  We just found each other and didn’t kill each other!  I’m not about to be left alone again!  Who are we facing?!?”  Aaz pulled out his blaster and revealed a few thermal grenades in his satchel.   Ti looked at Aaz, then turned to face the dark figure.
    “It’s Darth Shivous…  My former master…”  Ti’s skin suddenly reflected a light blue light reflection as her lightstaff ignited.
    ”I’ll cover you…” Aaz instructed under his breath as he turned on the stealth generator on his belt.  Ti watched as her brother disappeared into nothingness.   Heading out of the ship, Ti approached her old master cautiously and stopped a little more than ten feet from him.  His visage had changed since her days as his apprentice. It had looked as if he had taken on a few more cybernetic parts; a right arm, both legs and an eye.  His presence was as formidable as she remembered.  Pushing her fears away she focused on her training.  A calm came over her.  Darth Shivous could sense this too.
    “So… My former apprentice disgraces me by thinking she can become a Jedi.  Better yet, a Jedi who could best me.    Let us see if the Jedi trained you… Or, took pity on you.”
    Ti stood firm as the Sith Lord moved in for a series of killing blows.  Taking the defensive, Ti blocked each, knowing that her former master was only testing her abilities.  Yet, she felt as if she struggled to maintain her defenses against each strike.

Trying not letting to let him see her struggles, she met him with a confident smile.
    “I may not be as powerful as you… But I have something you will never hope to gain.”
    The Sith lord smiled back, knowing he would win this day.  “Besides the lies the Jedi have filed your head with.  Besides only now realizing how weak the Light side of the force is, compared to it’s true nature… Humor me child… What is it you have that I don’t?”  As the Sith finished his question, he whirled his lightsaber artfully about to suddenly cut Ti’s lightstaff in two.

Ti found herself on her knees from the blow.  Only one of her crystals still functioned but she could feel the warmth of his blade, being held inched from her face.  The Sith Lord’s smile expelled a hideous laugh as he waited for Ti’s response.

“Family.”
    Darth Shivous looked confused as Ti’s word were met with her light staff, now a saber, struck his away for her.  Her defensive move was accompanied by a roll away from him.  The Sith Lord was about to pursue when he was stopped by a number of beeping noises at his feet.  By the time he had noticed the satchel of thermal grenades, they ignited!
    The white Ti saw and heard started to fade back to the reality of her surroundings as her eyes and ears slowly healed from the blast.  Shaking her head to regain her balance, she remembered she was not alone and quickly looked to survey the situation.  In front of her, she could see the unconscious body of her former master; sparks occasionally sounding off from the damage done to his cybernetics.  Looking to her left she saw Aaz, he must have been at a good distance since he looked to be walking better than her.  Finding her damaged weapon she started making her way towards Aaz.
    “There’s my kinda force you Womprat piece of garbage..” Aaz spat on the form of the Sith Lord as he turned his focus to meet his sister.  The two reached each other and as if once made it a habit, they stopped each other with a hug.
    “I’m glad you stayed behind.”  Ti whispered.
    Aaz could sense a relief come form her voice.  “Hey, that’s what family does.  Now I say we get off this rock and somewhere we can talk, drink, and maybe with enough drinking… Dance!
    Ti smiled and followed Aaz towards the ship.  “I know just the place…  Have you ever been to Varonat?”  Ti replied.
    The two headed up the ship’s ramp.  Closing it behind them, they found their familiar seats and started the ship back up for take off.  As Aaz held the ship’s controls he realized he a smile he just couldn’t shake.  He was about to make a joke about something when he noticed that Ti looked not her self.
    “Hey… What is it?”  Aaz looked concerned as he watched Ti put her hand on her chest.
    “I’m not… sure…”  Suddenly, Ti leached forward grabbing her chest hard.  Faling from the navigator’s seat and onto the floor of the bridge she started screaming!
    “Hitting the ship’s autopilot, Aaz jumped form his chair to help her.  Blood spat on his face as she tried talking!
    “It’s.. COUGH!  He’s… Got.. MY COUGH! COUGH!  HEART!”  Screaming again she curled up in a ball, trying to fight the hold her master had on her.
    Aaz looked around and didn’t know what to do!  He had no guns on his ship!  It was just a stupid worthless ten tons of junk!   “Junk!”  Aaz yelled as he made his way back up to the pilot’s chair.  Flipping off the autopilot, he steered the ship back down towards the sight of their takeoff.  Not caring for the effects of a possible crash landing, he gunned the engines as fast as the scrap would go.  Looking at his monitors he could see his target.  not slowing up he made his way toward the planet until the last possible second.  Pulling back on the stick, he suddenly looked panics as the stick broke off in his hands.  Luckily for Aaz, it was enough to level the ship out.  however, it also brought is ship to a demanding halt, throwing him into the front canopy.

Aaz looked around as he found himself on the front dash of his cockpit.  Looking down at his sister, he noticed that she was no longer yelling.  In fact, she was no longer moving.  Pulling his pistol out he shot out his front window and jumped out.  Sliding down the front of the ship he looked for the Sith Lord.  Circling around and around, he was baffled that he could not find him or the crater they had left him in.  Just then, aaz started to gain his bearings.  Stopping his search, he turned his head to follow the tail of the Sith Lord, only to realize that his ship had landed right on top of him.

Securing his sidearm, Aaz climbed back up the front of the ship and back into the window he shot out.  It was the only way for him to enter since he never put his landing gear down; thus not having access to the bay door underneath.  Making his way to his sister, he was relieved to see her move as he positioned himself under her to make her more comfortable.
    “I think he’s dead.”  Aaz smiled as he tried to get his sister’s attention.
    Ti could feel the warmth of her brother’s arms and managed to smile back.  “Go to Varonat…  Look for my master… Kinjita.  Tell her of this day.  tell her of us… Of our situation.”

Ti had to stop.  Each word she spoke seemed to drain her further from consciousness.
    “Shhh…” Aaz relied.  “I’ll get us there.  We may just have to use your ship.”  Aaz tried to humor away his tears as he wiped her blood from her face.  I just have to get you to that ship of yours…”  Aaz was interrupted by Ti’s hand as it gently touched his cheek.
    “I… I will not be going… I’m sor…sorry Aaz…  I;m going to have to break my promise…  COUGH!”
    Aaz held her closer as if to help her recover form her coughing.  “No!  You ca… His words choked in his throat as his tears started to answer his heart’s pain.
    “…Find..Kinj…it..ahaa…. She will take care… of….”  Aaz felt Ti’s touch slowly fall from his cheek.  He could feel he body go limp in his lamp.  Aaz’s head fell from the weight of his sorrow.
    “…no…”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Loading the chat ...