Activity Forums Character Information Characters of VI Family Ti’s Part 2 of 3

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    POsTal
    Participant

The two made their way down the cliffside, Ti leading them to where she had hidden the speeder-bike.  The noise of the vehicles they could hear behind them where  getting closer.  Finally, they knew that running was no longer an option.  Aaz turned and looked for a defensible position as he readied the Blaster Rifle.  “Well?  If it’s a fight they want.”

Ti-lynnol looked toward the Imperial vehicles approaching them from the north, then looked at Aaz.  “Can they track that armor?”

They both paused for a bit, then Aaz quickly began removing anything that was Imperial issue. As he removed it, he threw it as far away from himself, until he was down to his skivvies.   They both kneeled down and as they could start to hear the voices of the troopers giving commands, Aaz felt his sister’s hand touch his shoulder.  He looked to see if she wanted something but instead watched and felt her mastery of the force start to shroud them in a veil of shadows.  Aaz looked surprised but then looked towards the enemy to see if her trick worked.  Aaz could feel the force flowing through  him, but this wasn’t the Force he knew.  Growing up, the force was hate, fear, and pain.  What he felt with his sister, it was nothing like anything he had ever felt before.

The Imperials stopped briefly and commands could be heard to fan out and widen their search.  Aaz smiled as it had become obvious that their plan had worked.

So?  I assume you have a way to get off this rock?”
    Ti continued to focus on her force shadows that kept them hidden.

“I do.   And I assume you have a way way off too?”  Aaz nodded.  Ti continued, “My ship is a good ten klicks away to the south east.  There would be swimming.”

Aaz raised his eyebrow at the thought of swimming and then quickly shivered it off.  “Mine is only a couple klicks away and there would only be a little bit of climbing involved.”
    “You win!” Ti nodded and looked to their flank. “Lead the way little brother.”

Taking their time the two made their way east along the mountain cliffs, avoiding Imperial patrols. They finally made their way to the spot where Aaz had hidden his ship.  The small freighter looked unimpressive and in truth, a bit scary. Ti found herself a little disconcerted.  Aaz could tell what his sister was thinking as she stood and silently scrutinized the shape of his ship.
    “It made the Kessel Run in less than TWO parsecs?”  Aaz looked jokingly at his sister to see if her new outlook with the force has also given her a new sense of humor.  Ti looked over to see a side of her brother she very much welcomed.
    “Two?  Are you sure?”  Ti gave Aaz an uncharacteristic wink, then turned to enter the ship.
    Making their way up there loading ramp, Aaz headed towards the bridge, stopping briefly to gather his clothes and gear from a locker on the way.
    “Go ahead and make your way up to the bridge.  I’ll be there in a sec.”

Ti nodded and headed down the corridor and up some steps to the bridge.  The sight of the interior did not make her feel any better.  As she leaned into the navigational array to inspect the wire twisted around it, which seemed to be holding it together, she started whispering,

“I am one with the Force, the Force is with me…”

Interupted by Aaz entering the bridge, she watched him make his way to the pilot’s chair.  As he focused on prepping the ship for launch, Ti calmly moved to the navigational seat and sat slowly, giving Aaz a look that demanded an explanation for the disaster of a ship they were in.  A good ten seconds passed when finally Aaz couldn’t take the staring anymore.  Letting out a heavy sign and turning his chair toward his sister’s gaze, he explained,

“Okay fine!  Your ship might have been in better shape?  But!    But, would you expect a piece of Bantha Poodoo like this, to be hauling stolen goods?”
    Without pause Ti answered, “Yes.”

Aaz’s mouth closed as her answer quickly shut down his response.  Looking as if their debate had become inner dialog, Aaz started to make a number of faces as the debate continued in his head.  Finally stopping, he looked as if he had figured out the answers to the universe.

“Thaaaaaat’s why I keep getting shot at.”
    Ti smiled and Aaz grinned as he turned the seat back to continue the ship’s preparations.
    “Is there anything I can do to hel…”
    Ti suddenly felt a powerful chill run up her spine.  The feel of the air became cold and heavy.  Aaz looked at Ti and was about to ask her to repeat herself when he watched her stand and look out the forward canopy.  Her head turned with purpose, giving Aaz a most stern expression.

“Get this ship off the ground NOW!”

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by POsTal.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Loading the chat ...