Bio for Araani Swift

Home Forums Archived Characters Bio for Araani Swift

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Araani Swift
    Participant

Name: Araani Swift

Race: Psyrinx (pronounced si like siren and rinx like lynx) This is a race I invented many years ago. They are similar to elves in that they age at a similar rate. they also have pointed ears, though ore delicate and easily unnoticed. That’s about it for similarities to elves. They have strange eyes, they appear to be smoke like, they swirl and change depending on mood. Mostly they are white but turn dark when scared, upset or angry. swirling grey is often seen when deep in thought or in heavy conversation. They also have a special ability, its kind of invisibility… in such, psyrinx can blend. they don’t actually disappear but they blend in so well with the surroundings that unless someone is looking really hard, they will not be seen. EG someone drunk in the tavern might swear they see someone out the corner of their eye, but when they turn to look they just see the wall.. if someone knew where to look they might notice a small edge so barely visible they’d blame the drink. This is a natural defense mechanism, it often kicks in when threatened, or if Araani sits still too long she will forget to be seen and begin to fade. Araani was never taught how to use her abilities when she was growing up, shes learnt most things by herself. She cannot move while blended very well, she has only recently discovered how but it take a lot of energy for her to do this. Mostly she flickers when moving so people will see more of something not quite right when they look to where she is, sometimes it will break completely ans she will “re appear”. If shes stood still or sitting she can blend excellently.

Class: (Alchemist) I’ve never thought of Araani as having a class, shes an adventurer at heart. She spends many months alone in the forests but will meet up with civilization once in a while when she settles into a tavern for a month or two before hitting the roads again. She is not a fighter, her race aren’t combat related at all, they are more defensive they will run and they can run exceptionally fast) if they can and only fight as a last resort when cornered. Araani has grown up in the forests and has learned how to use plants and animal parts to make mostly powder mixtures that either help or harm so i guess shes kind of an alchemist. these powders and potions are her only weapon of sorts. She doesn’t use them often, only if cornered and doesn’t have a choice. She carries her potions in small vials and pouches that are attached to a chain belt with either red or green ribbons, Green for helping and red for harming.

Age: to look at from a human perspective she looks around 35-40 shes around 450 years old….

Height: 5″5

Weight: around 11 stone

Hair Color: black, and very long. its usually in a long plait that reaches past her bottom. sometimes she wears it loose with a small amount gathered into a thin ponytail to keep it from her eyes.

Eye Color: Various, as stated above she doesn’t have the standard looking eyes. generally they are a light grey colour, white if extremely happy, and dark to inky black if scared or angry. they swirl constantly. gentle when shes calm but can be quite violent when agitated. (if you’ve ever swirled metallic paint into water and got that weird depth of swirling before… that’s what it looks like ^.^)

Family History: she had known her mother when she was young but she died when she was very small. she never knew if she had a father. as far as she is aware there may be no other Psyrinx in existence any more. Her closest friend she grew up with was a highborn elf named Elios. they traveled together a lot when they were older and there was the beginnings of more than just friendship but that was cruelly cut short when she heard news that he had died quite suddenly and unexpectedly. She would have considered him family.

Held Titles: none

Character History: as I’ve covered quite a lot on her here already i’ll leave a link below to a monologue i wrote a long time ago detailing a bit more from her past and how she came to live in the forests. (for the most part of the almost 20 years I’ve been playing and developing this character she spends her time going on adventures with her friend Elios, or spending time in taverns recalling their many adventures together. however since my dear friend and RP partner died I’ve not really found a platform in which to RP her much as of late) http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=9857577

Biographical Info: Araani is lithe, thin, supple, and graceful. she is very agile and strong despite her size. she can shin her way up a tree as fast as a squirrel and quite easily keep up with her horse running through trees, matching his speed and agility. she has fine features, high cheekbones and almond shaped eyes. she has delicately pointed ears but far less noticeable than an elf. she is well weathered from living outside, her skin tanned from wind and sun. she has long black hair which is usually in a plait which reaches past her bottom. sometimes she wears it loose, just catching a small amount up into a ponytail to keep it from her eyes. she has small fine boned hands, looking almost delicate and frail. her clothes are simple, she wears close fitting black trousers, her boots which are also black but dusted with dirt from the forest come up to her knees, they have a slight heel to them. she wears a close fitting black top with capped sleeves. when outside she uses a black hooded cloak that is lined with a forest green colour. around her waist is a chain belt, from that belt hangs many small glass vials and hessian pouches, they are either tied with a red ribbon or a green ribbon, they appear to be attached in no particular order. when in the forest she rides her horse, a large black stallion by the name of Dimitri. he has been given a gift of long life from a faerie so that he may accompany Araani through her long lifespan, as such he has become incredibly clever.

"carpe Jugulum"

Kinjita Savanos
    Keymaster

((I’ve edited the profile to show a base class of some sort.  It’s required to have some form of base class to show your primary skills within the RP.  Based on your description it’s the best fit))

https://78.media.tumblr.com/2c6fe0907b71d762de5b91690c5972d3/tumblr_o9rtvnIFIl1v8igmvo1_400.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.